Value of the Sector 2017
With support from the NT Department of Trade and Business Innovation NTCOSS worked with Professor David Gilchrist from the Business School, University of Western Australia, Australia to calculate the economic contribution of the NT Not for Profit Sector to the NT economy.
Professor Gilchrist researches in the areas of economic history, public policy and financial reporting, including in relation to public sector and Nonprofit sector reform.
NTCOSS collected information from Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) in the NT via face to face interview and online survey. The information captured along with other data sources contribute to a detailed snapshot of the NT not for profit sector which assists with evidence based advocacy and contribute to the development of targeted sector support. The information collected included:
- Types of services provided and geographic areas of service delivery
- Type of business model, i.e. NT Incorporated Association, Company Limited by Guarantee
- Financial information, including income and expenditure, and funding sources
- Staffing numbers, paid and volunteer;
- Organisational opportunities and risks, and business support requirements
The final report titled: Value of the Sector 2017: An examination of the economic contribution of the not-for-profit sector in the Northern Territory was launched by the Northern Territory Treasurer, the Hon Nicole Manison, at the NTCOSS pre-conference event on Monday, 25 September, 2017.
For more information contact: email@example.com or 08 89482665