NTCOSS’s 2019-2020 calls on the NT Government to prioritise implementation of recommendations from recent enquires, including the Riley Review and the NT Royal Commission. In these tough economic times, it’s essential that government policies – including decisions about resource allocation – don’t leave behind the most marginal and vulnerable people in our communities.
The submission includes recommendations in relation to:
- Implementation and resourcing of outcomes from recent reviews and the Royal Commission
- Expanding access to NT Concessions
- Extending out of home care to 21 years old
- Creation of an NT Human Rights Act
- Development of a comprehensive climate change policy
- Adequate funding to fully resource the first Action Plan of the Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Strategy
- Housing and homelessness (refer to NT Shelter Submission)
- Lobbying the Federal Government to increase Newstart Allowance
- Increasing the NT revenue base
The submission can be read here.