Website Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation
Warlpiri Youth Development Aboriginal Corporation (WYDAC) now has a rewarding opportunity for a full-time Youth Program Team Leader to join their Yuendumu team. Reporting to the Youth Program Coordinator, your primary role will be to lead the Yuendumu Youth Worker team, to provide a six day per week program of activities that effectively and appropriately fulfill the purpose of the youth program and promote positive and meaningful pathways for all young Warlpiri people, their families and communities.
This will be achieved by:
- Working closely with the Yuendumu Youth Development Team to facilitate a daily youth activities program (activities will involve, not exclusively, basketball, softball, disco, youth drop-in centre, educational activities, and cultural excursions);
- Supporting the Yuendumu Youth Development Team to deliver youth program activities to a high and efficient standard;
- Actively supporting Jaru workers in the pathways they choose ie. employment, parenthood, leadership, etc.;
- Identifying and supporting appropriate pathways for Warlpiri young people to become youth workers; and
- Ensuring regular contact is made with the Cultural Advisors around programming activities, ideas, and projects.
Click here for more information or to apply
To apply for this job please visit applynow.net.au.