Website Top End Women's Legal Service
Top End Women’s Legal Service (TEWLS) is a community legal service providing legal advice, casework and community legal education to women in the Top End. TEWLS is seeking a full-time solicitor to carry out the following duties:
- Provide general legal advice to women at free legal advice clinics.
- Provide an outreach legal advice and casework service to women within the Darwin Region.
- With the assistance of other TEWLS staff, identity the legal issues relevant to women within the Darwin region and develop law reform projects in these areas.
- Provide TEWLS with feedback on a regular basis concerning the legal needs of women within the Darwin region.
- With the assistance of other TEWLS staff, identify the legal issues relevant to women within the Darwin region and develop and present appropriate community legal education seminars and materials in these areas.
- Liaise and meet regularly with key stakeholders who work with women within the Darwin region.
- Represent TEWLS at meetings as required.
- Undertake personal administrative duties within TEWLS as required.
- Participate in staff meetings and other TEWLS planning activities.
- Other duties as direct by the Managing Solicitor
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.