Website Mental Health Association of Central Australia
- Employer: Mental Health Association of Central Australia
- Work Type/s: Contract
- Classification/s: Disability ServicesSocial Work
- Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
- Location: Regional NT
- Job posted on: 1st July 2019
- Applications close: 25th July 2019
- Contract positions
MHACA is a specialist psychosocial recovery and mental health promotion organisation with a strong presence and reputation in the community. We strive to make a difference in the lives of people with a mental illness by supporting participant-driven mental health recovery and assisting communities and organisations to actively improve their mental health and well-being.
Our psychosocial support services and educational programs aim to enhance the mental health and wellbeing of people living in Central Australia through a range of programs and activities including:
- NDIS funded support coordination, capacity building, living skills and social and recreational activities
- Individual support to people experiencing mental illness
- Tenancy support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- A day program offering group activities and peer support
- Mental health promotion to reduce stigma and raise community awareness
- Support remote Aboriginal communities to build awareness and community capacity to implement suicide prevention strategies
- Training in mental health first aid, suicide intervention, workplace health and related areas
- Advocacy for improved services at local, state and national levels.
The Transition Program provides psychosocial support services to participants while supporting and assisting participants to test their eligibility for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), or transition to appropriate support under the Continuity of Support (CoS) program. The Transition Program is only for participants that were previous participants in one of the three Community Mental Health Programs: Partners in Recovery (PIR), Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) or Day to Day Living (D2DL).
The NDIS Transition Support Worker will be a member of the Transition Support Team to:
- Support and assist all participants to submit an access request form (ARF) or equivalent to the NDIA to test their eligibility for the NDIS within agreed timelines.
- Building participants understanding of the NDIS in a proactive and supportive way, to ensure each participant is equipped to understand whether they are most appropriately supported
- Identifying, finding or requesting and collation of all evidence to ensure the participant is assessed accurately by NDIA
- The filtering of all client access evidence in line with NDIA access criteria to ensure a high level of quality for each participants access
- Building and monitoring of relationships with clinical agencies that treat participants to ensure collaborative evidence sharing and support quality ARFs
- Ensure the participant understands they can appeal the NDIA’s access decision and/or repeat the access process if the participant is not accepted and would like to try again or is considered likely to be most appropriately supported by the NDIS.
- Actively participate in the organisation’s quality, safety and risk management systems
How to apply for this job
For further information please contact Kelly Dennis on (08) 8950 4600, or at Kelly.Dennis@mhaca.org.au using the subject line: NDIS Transition Support Worker application
Applications must address the Selection Criteria and include a resume and contact details of three current referees. Please forward to: Mental Health Association of Central Australia PO Box 2326, ALICE SPRINGS, NT 0871 or deliver to 14 Lindsay Avenue, Alice Springs
Applications close 4pm, 25 July 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to Kelly.Dennis@mhaca.org.au.