Website Mission Australia
•Full-time, 38 hours per week
•Location: Percy Court
About Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 155 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
We’re generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
In this role you will manage and complete a range of administrative tasks vital to the efficient running of the office, including supporting other employees and the completion of administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Assist in managing reception areas, including handling phone calls, responding to enquiries and attending to visitors
- Undertake a variety of administrative tasks including ordering office stationary, kitchen supplies and equipment as required, inventory, log books, invoicing, data entry, file and staff record management and coordination of mail
- Support tenancy functions as needed such as collecting cash payments
- Accept and receipt all monies paid by clients for rent, power cards, tokens, keys
- Action quotes and inquiries on supplies as requested
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Previous experience in administrative role supporting a team
- Experience in high pressure environment within a fast changing environment
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Be competent in using computer packages such as Office, including Word, Excel and Power-Point
- Current driver’s licence
- Senior First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain
- As part of our Employment screening process you will be required to undertake a National Criminal History Check.
In addition there is a requirement to possess a current Working with Children check or apply if you do not already hold one. It is unlawful for prohibited persons to apply for work with children, and, as such, prohibited persons cannot apply for this role.
Culture and Benefits:
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging benefits which reduces your taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Discounted childcare rates of up to 15% at participating Centres (conditions apply)
- Employee discounts with hotels, travel insurance, and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling service
- Volunteering opportunities
To preview the Position Description and APPLY, visit the MA website:
Applications close midnight, 21st September, 2018.
For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
To apply for this job please visit careers.missionaustralia.com.au.