Website Mission Australia
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more. We are generously supported by our funders, partners and tens of thousands of everyday Australians, who make the work of our tireless volunteers and staff possible.
Mission Australia is committed to keeping children and young people safe with zero tolerance of harm or abuse, and expect all our employees and volunteers to reflect this commitment.
Our Psychosocial Support Program works in partnership with clients who are significantly affected by mental illness to facilitate their transition to NDIS or COS services. This small team based in Alice Springs are looking for a Support Facilitator to join them in a contract position until June 2020, working 38 hours per week. There will be some community outreach work and it is an expectation that travel to geographically remote areas will occur on a regular basis.
Some of the duties include:
• Responding to referrals and undertaking initial assessments of client needs
• Providing psychosocial support services and CoS services dependent on individual cases
• Develop and implement culturally appropriate individual Recovery Plans
• Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with clients and other service providers
Requirements for Success
Offering initiative, passion, enthusiasm and a solutions-focused attitude, our new team member will have experience working in either the Mental Health or Disability areas and be keen to sink their teeth into a busy, diverse role. Some of the skills required are:
• Commitment to working at the “front-line” of the community and exposure to the services and supports available, including NDIS and COS funding
• Strong understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and communities – previous experience working within remote or regional groups would be beneficial
• Dedication to engage with, support and transition, program participants
• Exceptional communicational skills and the ability to establish and build rapport with a range of people
• Great organsiation and prioritisation ability, confident to self-manage and juggle your own workload
• Being resourceful, with “outside the box” thinking and a work ethic second-to-none
• Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and client databases
• Current NT Drivers Licence
• Valid OCHRE Card (Working with Children)
• Certificate IV in Mental Health (minimum) or similar field and demonstrated practical experience in the sector
Before starting work with us, you will be required to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture & Benefits
Working alongside an empowering manager who is approachable, with an open-door policy, you will enjoy being an active member of a small team. A positive and enthusiastic person who can offer suggestions, ideas and solutions would be a great fit for us!
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
• NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
• Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
• Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
• Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
As such, if you require any adjustments to submit your application, we invite you to get in touch via email email@example.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via LINK to PD. For further information regarding working with us visit Working for Mission Australia.
For further information, please contact Kathleen Davis on 08 8955 6500.
Applications close at 12.00am on Tuesday 10th December 2019.
To apply for this job please visit careers.missionaustralia.com.au.