Website Jesuit Social Services
- Leadership role managing specified Jesuit Social Services programs in the NT
- Identify and target responses to the needs of local people in NT
- Be informed by organisations expertise and experience in remote communities
Strategic role working with GM NT to further develop and implement evidence-based practice. Experience in Restorative Justice approaches.
About the organisation
Jesuit Social Services works to build a just society. We stand in solidarity with those in need, expressing a faith that promotes justice. We work to build a just society where all people can live to their full potential by partnering with the community to support those in need and working to change policies, practices, ideas and values that perpetuate inequality, prejudice and exclusion.
About the program
Jesuit Social Services has worked in the Northern Territory since 2008, and established a Darwin office in 2016. We have built a strong reputation in the Northern Territory for delivering services, growing community capacity and advocating for improved social policy.
Building on 40 years experience working with young people and adults in the justice system (including our highly successful youth justice group conferencing program in Victoria), we are very pleased to be piloting a Youth Justice Group Conferencing program in Darwin and Palmerston.
Our approach emphasises cross cultural competence and participant empowerment as key principles when engaging people with multiple and complex needs. We give attention to their skills and strengths rather than deficits; and to self-determination and responsibility rather than dependency.
In 2017 Jesuit Social Services commenced delivery of the first Youth Justice Group conferencing pilot in NT, with a focus on Darwin, Palmerston and Katherine.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Northern Territory we are seeking an experienced manager to join our team. This role will work strategically with key stakeholders to establish and further develop evidence based programs, including, restorative justice approaches programs being youth and family group conferencing.
Drawing on over 40 years in the industry in Victoria, NSW and the Northern Territory, this role will be informed by Jesuit Social Services’ practice framework and social justice experience.
At an operational level you will be responsible for leading and co-ordinating programs together with identifying opportunities whereby local need can be addressed.
You will also be responsible for providing practice development and supervision to key roles internally and accompanying Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations, building an effective evidence-based approach.
This role will suit a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting wellbeing and social inclusion among Aboriginal people, young people, families and communities who experience social exclusion.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop, supervise and lead a team of practitioners, building capability to deliver programs for Aboriginal people, young people, families and communities who experience social exclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural background.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and cooperatively with senior Jesuit Social Services management
- An understanding and sympathy for the mission and ethos of the organisation.
What Jesuit Social Services can offer you:
- A comprehensive Induction and Orientation program
- Ongoing role related training and development
- An organisation that lives their values, through our day to day work
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Employee assistance program
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging benefits
- Generous leave and workplace flexibility
How to apply
The position description can be found on our website www.jss.org.au.
For further information please contact John Adams, General Manager – NT on 0477 657 338
Applicants are required to respond to each of the Key Selection Criteria, with names and contact numbers of two referees. Your responses to the selection criteria should be incorporated into your covering letter. Please apply in confidence via this link https://jss.org.au/manager-darwin-northern-territory/
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 28 January 2019.
Jesuit Social Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a family friendly working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome applications from people from all cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
To apply for this job please visit talent.seek.com.au.