ABOUT MHACA MHACA is a leading Northern Territory community based, non-profit organisation offering psychosocial support services and educational programs aimed at enhancing the mental health and wellbeing of people living in Central Australia.
- Individual support to people experiencing mental illness
- A drop-in centre, group activities and peer support
- Mental health promotion to reduce stigma and raise community awareness
- Suicide prevention programs
- Training in mental health first aid, suicide intervention, workplace health and related areas
- Advocacy for improved services at local, state and national levels.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Communications and Engagement Officer sits in the Mental Health Promotion Unit which encompasses MHACA’s training, education, suicide prevention and health promotion activities.
The primary objective of this role is to contribute to MHACA’s commitment to improve the wellbeing of Central Australians by implementing strong, respectful and effective communication and community engagement strategies. This includes community based campaigns, resource and promotional materials development and production, community education; and management of MHACA’s presence on the web and social media.
The position will work across the organisation and provide, support and advice to communications, engagement and promotions activity. Priorities will be guided by MHACA’s Communications and Engagement Plan.
For a full job description click here.
Applications must address the Selection Criteria and include a resume and contact details of 3 current referees. Please forward to Mental Health Association of Central Australia PO Box 2326, Alice Springs NT 0871 or email [email protected] Closing date: 21st February 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.