Website Anglicare NT
Senior Service Development Officer – Based in Tennant Creek – Part Time – 0.6 (Fixed Term contract until 31 December 2020)
Anglicare NT is a respected provider of quality human services across urban, regional and remote areas of the Northern Territory. Formed by the Anglican Diocese of the NT, we respond to the needs of the diverse communities we work with through demonstrating our values.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace culture. We do this through strengthening and continuing our connection with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and communities and creating meaningful employment opportunities for people of diverse backgrounds.
Anglicare NT is determined to be a great place which we do through:
- encouraging a flexible working culture (subject to role requirements)
- providing five (5) weeks annual leave
- offering comprehensive salary packaging options that can significantly increase your take-home pay
- facilitating learning and development opportunities within our strengths-based culture
- accommodation and vehicle included in Tennant Creek
About the position
In the role of Senior Service Development Officer you will be responsible for supporting the establishment and implementation of the Tennant Creek Child and Family Centre and other Child, Youth and Families related work in a partnership arrangement between Anglicare NT and Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC).
You will be responsible for three key areas:
- Develop and implement strategies that will build and strengthen Child, Youth and Families capability and capacity in JCAC
- Supporting the planning process which addresses the development and co-ordination of services meeting the needs of local families
- Provide establishment and implementation support to JCAC as agreed to in partnerships arrangements with Anglicare NT
We are seeking an experienced professional with a comprehensive working knowledge of Aboriginal cultural, social and community networks and relationships, including within Government and Non-Government Organisations. You will uphold the values of Anglicare NT and Julalikari within the scope of the position and associated delegations.
To be successful in this role you will have a tertiary qualification in social and/or community services. A strong understanding of child, youth and family services and sound understanding of the Care and Protection of Children Act (NT) or similar. Strong project management skills, including an ability to manage multiple competing priorities and collaborate with stakeholders in a timely manner.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please visit the Anglicare NT careers website http://www.anglicare-nt.org.au/vacancies/
For further information on this exciting opportunity please contact Leonie Patterson, Senior Aboriginal Consultant on (08) 8985 0000.
Please note: Prior to commencing in this role, you will need to possess a Working with Children (Ochre Card), a National Criminal History Check (within the last 3 months) and a current Northern Territory driver’s licence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.