- This event has passed.
RAMF Training Nhulunbuy
Wednesday 18 May @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
About this event
This training is for workers whose responsibilities under the RAMF extend to:
- Domestic and family violence (DFV) identification and screening
- Immediate risk management
- Workers whose responsibilities under the RAMF extend to comprehensive DFV risk assessment and management
- Undertake comprehensive domestic and family violence (DFV) risk assessment
As a result of this training, participants will:
• understand their roles and responsibilities in DFV risk identification, assessment and management
• recognise the indicators of DFV and feel more ready and able to screen for DFV
• identify evidence-based DFV risk factors
• respond to the immediate safety needs of DFV victim survivors through referrals, information sharing, and mandatory reporting
• define vicarious trauma and identify individual and organisational responsibilities and strategies for managing vicarious trauma
• connect with a group of peers to enable collaborative and interagency practice when working with DFV victim survivors.
• assess risk using the Common Risk Assessment Tool
• respond to the needs of DFV victim survivors in order to increase their safety, through information sharing, mandatory reporting, referrals to the Family Safety Framework, and safety planning
• to enable collaborative and interagency practice when working with DFV victim survivors.
• connect with a group of peers
This training runs over one day and is free of charge with all refreshments and training materials supplied.
Registration is essential.
If you work for a specialist DFV service funded by Territory Families, Housing and Communities and you require support to attend this training please contact [email protected]