- This event has passed.
Minga Yarning Mat Training
Monday 18 February @ 9:00 am - Tuesday 19 February @ 4:00 pm
The Yarning Mat is a culturally safe, appropriate and sensitive resource that uses old ways of sitting down, yarning & telling stories about happy times or about worries that need sorting out.
The process helps to:
- Facilitate more respectful relationships and communication with families
- Specifically focused on the children and family’s strengths and needs
- Allow for two-way talking to gather information and coordinate action
- Focus the work in the priority areas that can bring about significant change for the children involved
- Assist the workers to feedback information to the family
18th and 19th February 2019:
Monday 9am – 4pm
Tuesday 9am – 3pm
Venue: Wulagi Primary school
Contact : Faye Parriman on 0409496950 for bookings or quotes
email: [email protected]