- This event has passed.
Getting Started with Email Marketing
October 15, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Looking for a way to level up your marketing, and make better use of existing customer databases?
Maybe you’re still sending direct mail, or print newsletters?
Do you send announcements using Outlook, or mail merge, without knowing what’s working?
This half-day workshop will introduce you to email marketing. We will look at different tactics and schedules, and benefits of different platforms. We will then setup accounts with Mailchimp, a leading email marketing platform, and get started.
You will learn:
- The advantages of email marketing
- Why Mailchimp
- How to setup a Mailchimp account
- How to setup your first list, import subscribers, and stay on the right side of spam laws
- How to setup your first template, and considerations to keep in mind
- Reading, understanding and responding to campaign reports
- Go next level: AB testing, automation, website integration, cart abandonment
You will leave this workshop with your Mailchimp account setup with a list and a template, ready to send your first newsletter, with an understanding of how to know what is working.
This workshop is ideal for small to medium businesses and not-for-profits, as well as anyone selling goods online.
Attendees should bring:
- Laptop computer, to build their account during this interactive workshop
- A copy of their organisation’s logo in jpg, gif or png format
- A copy of their organisation’s style guide
Ryan Jones is the Managing Director of Refuel Creative, a full-service marketing and technology consultancy based in Adelaide, Australia. Refuel works with businesses and not-for-profits across Australia and New Zealand to implement unique marketing and technology solutions, and upskill their staff.
Refuel Creative is a badged Google Partner with Search and Mobile Ads specialisations, demonstrating advanced knowledge in Google AdWords advertising products. Ryan also has certifications in AdWords Search Marketing and Analytics.
After building his first commercial website at age 12, Ryan mixed his love of technology and design before graduating with a Bachelor of Management (Marketing) degree from the University of South Australia.
Ryan spent the next 10 years working extensively in digital media, online video streaming, and startup businesses, while he has spent the last 6 years mixing his marketing skills with his passion for technology, educating the not-for-profit sector on technology use, marketing and digital media.
NTCOSS members can click here and get a 20% discount by using the code 20NTCOSSOBM18