- This event has passed.
Free training in DFV Fundamentals: Working effectively with people who have experienced domestic and family violence
Thursday 16 June @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
These free 3.5 hour interactive workshop with group activities will address:
- Understanding DFV and Abuse
- How to identify DFV
- Effects on children
- Barriers to seeking help
- Responding to disclosure of DFV
- The impact of trauma
- Workers – vicarious trauma and self-care
- Referral/support information for clients and workers.
This workshop is a prerequisite for those wishing to attend Territory Families, Housing and Communities training on the Risk Assessment and Management Framework (RAMF).
If your organisation has more than 5 people wishing to attend, please contact Sujay Kentlyn on 8945 1388 or via email [email protected] to organise a customised training session. For customised training sessions, please consider the following:
- Your venue (please ensure COVID-compliant)
- Your chosen date and time
- Preferred group size: maximum 20, minimum 5
- Material will be tailored to your sector/organisation as much as possible
- Topics can be covered in greater depth, and/or extra topics added, by arrangement. This may involve a fee. Please discuss with the Community Educator, Sujay.
Public Training dates:
Thursday 17 February 2022
Thursday 16 June 2022
Thursday 25 August 2022
Venue: Harry’s Place, 1 Willeroo Street, Tiwi