- This event has passed.
Family Safety Framework Training
Thursday 15 February
The Family Safety Framework is an action-based integrated service response to individuals and families experiencing family or domestic violence who are at immediate risk of serious injury or death. this training briefly outlines the history of the Family safety framework, assists participants to better understand and recognise domestic and family violence including high risk indicators, and demonstrates the process of a case being referred to the Family Safety Framework.
The target audience for this training are frontline workers from government and non-government agencies who have contact with people experiencing family or domestic violence, whether or not it is formally part of the worker’s role to respond to family or domestic violence. Workers who may represent their agency in Family Safety Framework meetings. Managers from agencies participating in the Family safety Framework, and managers from other relevant service provider agencies.
Desired Learning Outcome:
- To understand the value of an integrated response to family and domestic violence
- To understand family and domestic violence based on evidence across a range of professions
- To identify serious and imminent threats to life, health or safety using the risk assessment and referral process
- To feel confident to refer people at imminent risk to the Family Safety Framework
Registrations for Family Safety Framework Training are now to be submitted online through the MyLearning portal. I have attached instructions how to apply for training for participants who do not work for Territory Families. In summary:
1. Go to: https://mylearning.nt.gov.au/
2. Under the heading “Application Forms” click on “Application Form for Non Departmental Staff”
3. Choose “Family Safety Framework Training” from the drop-down list
4. NT Government employees use their ePass details to login
5. All other participants click “Request a non-NTG account”
Participants will require a unique email address to register for the training. This can be their personal email address if they do not have a unique work email address, or if their work email address has not yet been set up. If you would like to register a colleague for the training and your colleague does not have access to any email address, please send an email to [email protected] .
Please note that the venue for training in Alice Springs will remain as the Centre for Remote Health in Skinner Street.