The Sunrise Centre Homeless Program
The workers at Sunrise help people re-connect with their community through introducing them to friendship and activity groups. They help them find long term accommodation, identify participant finanace concerns, organise government income entitlements and identify a local medical practice they can rely on, among many other things, such as advocacy and referrals.
All of this is vital to a person’s rehabilitation and re-introduction to their community. Being on the street or ‘couch surfing’ for an extended period of time makes people feel very isolated, so it’s important that they have all the knowledge and tools they need to stand on their own, when they are ready to leave the centre.
The Sunrise Homeless Program accommodates 30 single homeless people year round. Each person gets their own room with a bed, wardrobe, chair and desk, and adjoining bathroom. The typical length of stay is three months during which each person receives intensive assistance from a professional case worker.
The goal of each case worker is to fully understand the reasons for each person’s homelessness and develop a strategy for future accomodation and support options.
- Accommodation for singles 18 years or over
- Referrals can be made by self or any agency
- A caseworker is available for support and practical assistance.
- The case worker can help with referrals and contact with other organisations
- As we are a temporary accommodation provider, the maximum stay is for 3 months
- We can make referrals to assist you in finding more permanent accommodation
- 30 short term accommodation beds
- Residents have their own bedroom and a bathroom.
- Case Worker Assistance
- Advocacy, Practical & Emotional Support
|Monday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Sunday||8:00 am - 4:00 pm|