Red Shield Hostel Darwin
The Red Shield Hostel provides short to 6 month accommodation for singles over 18 who are at risk of homelessness. Residents have access to our Street 2 Home, Door Ways and Positive Lifestyle programs all designed to assist people back into mainstream society and out of poverty.
Red Shield Housing Services:
- Budget priced single rooms for vulnerable singles over 18 who are deemed to be at risk of homelessness.
- All rooms are accessed via internal staircases
- There are no lifts in the building
- Bookings can be made between 8:30am and 4pm daily
- Rent is payable in advance, we do not give credit
- Promotes a drug-free, alcohol-free, and violence-free environment
- Guests are required to observe hostel rules
- No pets allowed
- Rooms are available on a 6 month basis.
- Rooms are fan cooled and contain a single bed, table, chair, storage cupboards and small fridge
- Hostel staff service all rooms on a weekly basis and provide fresh linen
- Communal kitchen, male and female amenities are located on each level of the building
- Coin operated laundry is located on the ground floor
Street2Home Case Management Program
As part of the Red Shield Hostels commitment to empowering clients, we offer a case management program called Street2Home.
What can you expect?
- Weekly meetings with your case worker, and more frequently if required.
- Help with establishing goals in your life and support from your case worker to acheive these
- Encouragement to particiapte in programs run by other organisations
- Support from your case worker to take initiative and be self supported
- Regular social outings and involvement in cultural activities
- Assistance completing applications and referrals for other helpful services
- Understanding when things might not go as planned
What do we expect from you?
- Commitment to attend weekly meetings with your case worker
- Honesty when discussing current situations
- A willingness to complete and submit a Territory Housing application
- An attitude of willingness and self betterment
- Evidence of making progress and achieving your goals
- Respect, for yourself and others
For more information please call (08) 8981 5994
Practical assistance in times of crisis……and beyond
Doorways is a safe place….
a place where you are respected,
a place where we listen,
a place where you can talk things through,
a place where people care
and a place of hope…
If you need support Doorways exists for you.
Do you need help to get food?
Are you having trouble paying your electricity and water?
Can we help you develop a budget?
Talk it through at Doorways; see if we can help you.
Together we can work through the issues to come up with some suggested solutions.
|Monday||9:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 3:30 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 3:30 pm|