DCLS is a free, confidential service. We assist disadvantaged members of the community to protect their legal rights. We work towards a community where everyone has access to legal advice and support. We seek to challenge unjust laws and procedures, and to ensure that people are aware of their legal rights.
General Legal Service
The General Legal Service can provide free legal information and advice on most non-criminal matters including:
- credit and debt
- social security (Centrelink) rights
Tenants’ Advice Service
Provides information, advice, advocacy and support for tenants on all tenancy and related legal issues.
The TAS works to:
- Advise you on problems you are having with your landlord or real estate agent.
- Negotiate and advocate on your behalf with your landlord or real estate agent.
- Assist you with advice, documentation and in some cases representation before the Norther Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NTCAT).
- Talk to your community group or organisation about tenants’ rights
- Undertake activities to improve legislation and policies for residential tenants in the Northern Territory
Seniors and Disability Rights Service
The Seniors and Disability Rights Service is based in Darwin and regularly visits Katherine, Nhulunbuy and other locations across the Top End of the NT as required.
The Seniors and Disability Rights Service assists older people or people with disabilities and their representatives who:
- want to know about their rights and how to obtain them
- receive Commonwealth funded aged care services in residential facilities
We also provide:
- community awareness and education activities
- systemic advocacy, policy and law reform work
- NDIS planning and appeals support
- information, education and referrals through our Elder Abuse Information Line (1800 037 072)
|Monday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 pm - 5:00 pm|