Community Development Officers – Alice Springs
- Are you passionate about closing the gap on Indigenous disadvantage?
- Would you like the opportunity to contribute to a dynamic Indigenous organisation and its sustainability?
- If your answers are yes, then ICV has the opportunity for you!
ICV facilitates community and human development projects with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities. We support Indigenous Australians to harness opportunities available to them and overcome social and economic disadvantage through community development and capacity building projects. Reconciliation that occurs through our volunteering initiatives is also an important outcome of our work.
We currently have exciting and challenging opportunities for 2 suitably experienced Community Development Officers to be based in our Alice Springs office.
ICV’s Community Development Officers (CDOs) are the key link between our Indigenous communities and volunteers. Our CDOs work at the grass roots level with Indigenous communities and volunteers to identify and implement development and capacity building projects.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate an ability:
- To develop and maintain effective grass-roots relationships with Indigenous people and communities in urban, regional and remote locations
- In engaging and partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of community development projects
- To utilize information databases and demonstrate effective written and communication skills
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with representatives of communities, government, and non-government, corporate and professional organisations and
- To work respectfully, effectively and collaboratively and travel in diverse cultural and geographic locations.
Applications must include a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications close at 5:00pm Friday 22nd September 2017 and should be sent to [email protected]
Indigenous Community Volunteers considers that being Aboriginal or a Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for these sub-s 35(1)(b)(ii) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1996 (NT).
ICV aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
Indigenous Australians, culturally and linguistically diverse Australians are encouraged to apply.